Experience Tukwila is a proud sponsor of Seattle Restaurant Week — a bi-annual celebration of the greater Seattle area’s culinary community. This past year has been especially challenging for the restaurant industry, with COVID-19 forcing many operational changes. Seattle Restaurant Week, which runs April 1 – 3o, is the perfect opportunity to show your support for local restaurants and sample some delicious food while you’re at it.
Throughout the month of April, participating establishments will offer special prix fixe menus, with $20 lunch and $35 and $50 dinner options. Venues will offer a variety of dining options to allow guests to choose whatever format works best for them, including takeout, ready-to-heat, delivery, meal boxes, and indoor and outdoor dining as permissible by public health guidelines.
A full list of participating restaurants can be found here, where you can sort by neighborhood, cuisine, dining options, diet, and ownership to find the perfect place to match your location, taste, and values.
Participating Tukwila restaurants include Spice Bridge vendors — Afella Jollof Catering, Jazze’s, Moyo Kitchen, Seatango, Taste of Congo, Theary Cambodian Foods, Wengay’s Kitchen, and WUHA — Juju’s Caribbean Kitchen, Duke’s Seafood Southcenter, and Waterleaf Restaurant & Bar. Spice Bridge vendors are also offering a Buy One, Give One option, where you can add $10 to your order to support the Food Innovation Network’s free community meals program.
Here’s sample of some menu items to get your taste buds watering:
- Afella Jollof Catering: Chicken Yassa with samosas and fried plantains
- Taste of Congo: Chicken Moyo with fried plantains
- Theary Cambodian Foods: Duck curry with vermicelli noodles and toppings
- Waterleaf Restaurant & Bar: Bacon chips n’ dip, smoked beef ribs, and cedar-infused pound cake
- Wengay’s Kitchen: Chicken Inasal, garlic rice, pancit bihon, and veggie lumpia
- Juju’s Caribbean Kitchen: Haitian style spaghetti, chicken gravy bowl, and Haitian crispy fried pork sandwich
- Duke’s Seafood: Award-winning clam chowder, rockfish tacos, fish and chips, and crab cakes
Full, detailed menu options can be found here. Time to eat your way through the city!